By Steve Moran
We were on a team call last week talking about content for the end of 2020 and early 2021. And all of a sudden realized that 2021 is the year Senior Living Foresight turns 10 years old. Some reflections.
What’s Most Important to Us?
YOU as a leader in the senior living sector.
We are grateful for you and want to wish you the best 2021 possible.
Our readers are what get us out of bed each morning to tackle tough conversations and continually look for stories worth sharing. The senior living industry has so much to teach us and our team at Foresight are the sleuths out looking for the best practices that everyone needs to know. (And the bad practices you need to avoid.)
2020 Made the History Books
It has been a weird year, to say the least. Our hearts are broken for those who have lost lives, lost loved ones, lost residents, and lost their jobs. We have crazy admiration for the dedication and support you and your staff have given to older people around the country and around the world. We believe, in the end, more good has come from 2020 than meets the eye.
2020 is the year the technology needle moved for senior living. In fact, many tech companies tell us they’ve grown more this year than in previous years, both in the number of customers and employees, as well as financially. 2020 is the year the government finally budged and helped this technology transition take place.
The pandemic has been a catalyst in more ways than one. It’s helped the good companies get better, and the bad companies reassess their place in our industry. It has allowed great companies to continue to grow stronger in the face of adversity. The challenges have taught all of us perseverance and patience. We are more resilient now than we were in 2019 . . . at least I hope we are.
It Has Been An Historic Year for Senior Living Foresight in A Different Way
We were forced to pivot and we have grown. Here are some of the highlights:
- In April, we hosted “Our Time to Shine”, the first ever virtual senior living summit. Even cooler, it was put together in less than 6 weeks and included some of the top thought leaders in the industry and the business world. It served to raise morale, helping us focus on what is most important: our staff, our residents, our family, and ourselves.
- Our podcast doubled in listenership and we rebranded it as Foresight Radio.
- Tech Foresight 2020 was kicked off in August, highlighting the surge of adoption across the industry.
- We hired in-house marketing and social media experts to help us take Foresight to the next level.
- “Conversations on Race” made a debut, teaching us a lot about the world we live and work in.
- Foresight TV became a reality, and proved how a small idea can grow wings and fly.
Here is the shortlist of what we’ve done over the last 9.5 years.
- Grew from a team of 2 to 9.
- Rebranded from Senior Housing Forum for name differentiation.
- Doubled our partner network year over year.
- Grew our readership and connections through in-person meetings — yes, I have met almost everyone in the industry.
- Drank thousands of cups of coffee — approximately 13,870 — yes, I’ve got a pot-a-day habit. I’m like the Energizer bunny, but my battery is caffeine.
We turn 10 next year and we want to celebrate with YOU all year long!
We invite you to:
- Send us an email and tell us how we are doing.
- Zoom with us and tell us how YOU are doing.
- Write an article as a guest contributor.
- Attend our next summit in April.
- Follow us on a social network (links at the top of this page) and contribute to the conversation. What you have to say is important and must be said.
Together we are making this world a better place.