Passionate about senior living? Want to inspire leaders to keep pushing the industry forward?
Let’s hear what you have to say!
We publish two types of articles: editorials by industry pros, and sponsored articles for partners. Read on for our writers’ guidelines.
About Senior Living Foresight
Known as the industry disruptor, Senior Living Foresight invites writers to tackle hard topics, offer innovative ideas, rock the boat, and have fun.
- Tone: Conversational, lively.
- Audience: C-suite execs, regional and local senior living leaders, capital providers, suppliers, tech leaders.
Want to submit an article? Our No. 1 tip is to read our articles first to learn our tone and what we do. Then, check out the guidelines below.
- Length: 400–800 words
- Pay: Unpaid; can include brief bio with a link to your site or LinkedIn profile
- Topic examples:
- Sales and marketing
- Development (properties, systems, etc.)
- Life enrichment
- Employee engagement
- Mental health for people who work in the industry
- General guidelines:
- Articles must be original and exclusive to Senior Living Foresight.
- Content must be relevant to senior living.
- No selling! We generally do not publish articles from vendors who aren’t partners. Interested in a partnership? Please click here.
- Be yourself. We have a casual, conversational writing style. Let your writing showcase your personality.
- No defamatory or abusive content. We encourage critical discussion, but articles must be appropriate and fair.
- You will be entirely liable for opinion pieces. So please research well for data and information before making claims and conclusions. We do not publish under pseudonyms . . . mostly.
To submit an editorial for consideration, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. We look forward to reading what you have to say!
Sponsored Articles for Partners
We partner with cool companies doing cool things in senior living, and we employ freelance writers to tell their stories.
The style for these articles is journalism meets personal essay meets advertorial. Senior Living Foresight’s founder Steve Moran calls it “infomercial — heavy on the info and light on the ‘mercial’.”
You’ll thrive at Senior Living Foresight if you …
- Are a great storyteller
- Enjoy writing in a conversational tone with a unique, relatable voice
- Have a marketing sensibility and background; can root out and promote value propositions, benefits — key selling points
- Can sell without selling; a journalism background can help
- Have experience in senior living, professionally or personally
Sponsored articles are 600 to 800 words. They usually require one interview and little outside research. Pay is $275.
To apply to be added to our roster of future writers, please read some sponsored articles here. (Click on any partners that interest you, and scroll down to see articles about them.) Then, fill out the form below, and attach the following:
- A short cover letter that includes:
- Why you want to write for Senior Living Foresight
- Why you’re a good fit
- Three topics that interest you most in senior living
- Three writing samples that demonstrate your voice, storytelling ability, and/or marketing skill
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to reading your work.
Apply to Write for Senior Living Foresight