In 2011, Senior Living Foresight began as a blog. Founder Steve Moran, started by writing one article a week under the name Senior Housing Forum. The articles gained momentum quicky. Readership grew and it became a place for industry leaders to gain critical insight into operations, marketing, staff development and more. Today, Foresight is a media company with a robust content marketing platform which includes video, podcast episodes, and educational programs and events.
The 6 fundamental principals of Senior Living Foresight
We are Not a News Source
There are already several great free and paid sites that provide senior living news. We are more focused on asking two questions: 1) What does it mean? 2) How will it impact the industry?
We Question Everything
The thing that gets industries and businesses into trouble more than anything else is assuming the way things worked before (something that may in itself be an assumption that is not true) will continue to work. We ask hard questions and tackle difficult issues.
We Love Comments
It is of course great fun to get comments that agree with what our writers say, but we love contrary positions even more. It is those comments that make the industry better.
We Don’t Moderate Comments
If you write a comment it will get published (unless of course it is SPAM and we have a pretty good filter for that.) Since we published our first article we have not removed more than one or two comments and never removed a comment because the opinion was contrary.
We Are Curious People
All of the regular writers are very curious people who know they don’t know it all. We are always learning and challenging our own assumptions.
We are Not Perfect
Because of this we welcome comments, suggestions and criticisms and corrections of typos.
Rules On Commenting
While we welcome all comments there are a few common sense rules we ask everyone to observe:
- No content that is obscene or offensive.
- If the content is completely unrelated to the discussion, this means blatant unrelated product or service promotion, it will be removed. We call this SPAM of course.
Privacy And Use of Your Personal Data
Senior Living Foresight has an active database that may contain limited amounts of personal data. Here is what you should know about that list and how it is used:
- The data may contain, the following information: A. Your first and last name B. Your organization C. Your Title D. Your email address.
- We normally email notification of updated content to the entire list every USA business day.
- We will occasionally send additional emails on behalf of Senior Living Foresight or on behalf of a sponsor, meaning we are paid to send the email.
- We will never sell your information to another organization.
- You are able to unsubscribe from that list from any email we send you, using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.