According to USA Today on Friday, July 20, Lays Potato Chip company will take advantage of Crowd Sourcing (the idea that “the crowd” can collectively come up with a better idea) to develop their next great potato chip flavor. If you come up with the winning idea you will win a prize of $1,000,000. You can read about it HERE and find the contest HERE When saw this article, I got to thinking that, maybe, at Senior Housing Forum we ought to try a similar experiment. Of course the single biggest problem Senior Housing Forum faces is that. . . well we don’t have $1,000,000 to give as a prize. About the best I can do is two $20.00 Jamba Juice or Starbucks Cards. So here is how our, “just for fun”, Senior Housing crowdsourcing experiment will work:
1. Post in the comments section of either this article or the comments for this article at Senior Housing Forum LinkedIn group, your best idea or ideas for the next generation senior housing community. It can be a building concept, an operational idea, an activity program, a cost savings program, a marketing idea or something else. It can be in the area of Independent living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, or Memory care.
2. After two weeks I will take all of those ideas and put them up in the form of a survey where the two best ideas, as voted by the crowd, will each win a $20.00 Starbucks or Jamba Juice Card.
3. You can submit more than one idea and each one counts as an entry.
4. While I will post this article in multiple LinkedIn Groups, only the ideas posted in the comments section of this blog posting or posted in the Senior Housing Forum LinkedIn Group will be eligible.
5. Please feel free to share this contest with everyone you know.
Who knows: maybe some brilliant senior housing company will take the best of these ideas and create the very best senior housing community ever. Steve Moran
Don’t miss a single issue of Senior Housing Forum, subscribe today. It is free! We do not sell or share your contact information. The posts are practical and never too long. Go to the main page of Senior Housing Forum and on the top you will see a place to enter your email to subscribe. You will receive notification when a new article is posted. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Finally: If you know anyone who is looking at emergency call systems I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with them about Vigil Health Solutions.