By Steve Moran
These are the things executive directors say within 20 minutes of walking through the front door of their communities:
- The first complaint already.
- When does vacation start?
- Coffee, coffee, coffee, before I start pretending to care.
- You are never too old to have fun.
- Let’s see if we can get everyone up and moving without any broken hips this time.
- If I have to hear about the good old days one more time ….
- I can’t wait to see what drama the bingo game will bring today.
- I hope no one’s walker goes rouge.
- You want to talk about what?
- You want me to write another report about what?
- Can’t I just close my door and get some work done?
- I didn’t know I was going to have to lead bingo.
- Is it time to go home yet?
- I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. … It will be true if I just keep saying it. … I love my job.
- Why is the boss coming here today?
- If only I didn’t have to deal with family members.
- If only I could pay a little more money.
- Did we get any new contracts?
- Who needs roller coasters when you have a senior living community?
- I’m feeling a little crooked today. Maybe I should join the residents for some tai chi.
This is just for fun. If you like it, give me the credit, and if you hate it, blame Chat GPT, where I got a little help in creating this list.