By Steve Moran
This is really a video story (see below) but here are the highlights:
- “The Tam” is a 280+ CCRC in Marin County (San Francisco Bay Area), operated by Sequoia Living.
- I interviewed Sequoia Senior Living Leaders Sara McVey, president & CEO, and Corinne Sartorio, director of health services; and Wes Bard, The Tam’s Executive Director.
- The Tam was picked for early inoculation because over time, and particularly during the pandemic, they developed and maintained a tight relationship with the county health department (this deserves and will get its own article because it is such a critical point).
- When The Tam leadership heard they were going to be first, there were tears of relief.
- This round of vaccinations was for staff.
- While there was some minor staff resistance, most received the vaccine. Residents all are ready to go.
- The interview was conducted the day after the vaccinations and the worst medical reactions were a few sore arms.
Here is the interview: