By Steve Moran
This is the biggest thing we have ever done!
Last week it became clear that in just a few days the world completely changed. Never in our lives have we seen something so drastic, so challenging, so confounding. Yes, 9/11 was a horrible day, but within a few days of the towers being hit, we were able to start the process of rebuilding our society under a new reality.
With Covid-19 we are in a kind of winter that seems like it will never end.
I wish I could tell you that we have a magic wand that will make the winter go away, but we don’t.
Do Something Big
So many people are doing wonderful things to help senior living providers continue operating in this time of crisis and we applaud that. We wanted to go big in making a difference. Exploring ideas, we heard a couple of stories about people doing virtual summits and one of those was someone who did a high-quality summit at a ridiculously low price.
I wondered if we could do this for senior living/aging services. My first step was to send out a handful of emails to really significant leadership and industry thought leaders and ask if they would be willing to participate. I got a bunch of yeses.
Here is Who Said Yes
- Kim Scott, NYT, WSJ bestselling author of Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
- Dr. Bill Thomas, physician, professor, entrepreneur, playwright, and performer whose wide-ranging work explores the terrain of human aging
- Ken Dychwald, psychologist, gerontologist, best-selling author of 16 books on aging-related issues, and founder of AgeWave
- Robert Kramer, founder and strategic advisor to the National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
- Lynne Katzmann, founder of Juniper Communities, senior living innovator and thought leader
And so many more.
Our Time to Shine Digital Summit
We are excited to announce the first-ever senior living/aging services digital summit that will kick off on April 20 and run for five days. We will deliver 20-30 hours of content focused on the following areas:
- Sales and Marketing
- Technology in Senior Living
- How to Retain and Hire the Best Staff
- How to Create Environments that Allow Residents to Live Amazing Purposeful Lives
You will also have the chance to interact with the speakers and each day we will host live chat discussions where you can make new connections, find new ideas, dream big together, and support each other.
How Much Does it Cost?
As we looked at how we could best serve the aging services sector we knew we wanted to make it crazy affordable. I proposed a price of $27.00 and got pushback from several advisors who were worried that being that affordable, people would not take it seriously. I worried about that too, but even more, I wanted it to be something anyone, everyone could afford.
The $27.00 won. This early bird pricing will be available until April 1. Prices will go up as we get closer to the event, but will max out at $45.00 and, honestly, we want you to be in at the $27.00 price point.
Registration is now open.
Too Much Content Too Short a Time
You may be thinking “I can’t possibly consume that much content in a week” and you are, of course, right, though you likely would at a physical conference. Here are three ways to look at it:
- You won’t actually be interested in every presentation.
- Our ticket prices are so low, that even if you only attended a single session it would be worth it.
- All of the content except the chat sessions will be recorded and available for you to view any time after the event.
Two More Things
If you run a large senior living organization, we can offer some additional modest group prices (at least 50 people).
We also have a few sponsorship opportunities.
If you have any questions please reach out to [email protected].