By Guest Blogger Larry Levenson
You can read Part One Here
Bake Your Gingerbread
Hurray! The hard work is already done!
Now you just need to tell people about this great new information you have on your website.
By Guest Blogger Larry Levenson You can read Part One Here
Bake Your Gingerbread Hurray! The hard work is already done! Now you just need to tell people about this great new information you have on your website.
Here are some options for how to do that. . . choose whatever options work for you.
- Write an article about your offer on your blog, and include a link to the landing page.
- Share the link to your landing page on Facebook. Add a photo to your post to generate more interest. Consider using a question as the title of your post.
- Share the link to your landing page on Google+. Use the Facebook suggestions to generate more interest.
- Share the link with some of your LinkedIn Groups. (This is where Brian Bachman got his first results.) Use the Facebook suggestions to generate more interest.
- Pin an image from your offer on Pinterest and link your pin to the landing page.
- Tweet your offer. Use the title of your offer, then the link to your landing page, then a couple hashtags that would fit for your audience.
- Send an email out to your email list (and friends and family) about your offer with a link directly to the landing page.
- Create a button on your home page that is a call to action and linked to your landing page. (Note that this option by itself is unlikely to produce any leads; however, this one works well when used with a mix of other options).
Use any mix of these options. The key here is to let a large group of people who are or might be interested in your offer know where they can find it. And where they can find it is your landing page – NOT your home page. Always provide a link directly to your landing page so they can quickly get what they want.
Allow the gingerbread to cool before eating
Wait! You’ve created an offer, and a landing page that promotes it, and you’ve invited a lot of folks to come and get the benefits the landing page promises. Someone will come, and that will be your first lead from your website. CONGRATULATIONS!
|Special note: If after 72 hours you have gotten no response to your offer at all, email me ([email protected]) with the link to your offer and a brief description of where you made it available, and I’ll help you figure out what’s missing. This process DOES work and we use it with all our clients.|
The reason why lead generation is NOT like gingerbread
Your first lead – HURRAY! But here is where the comparison to gingerbread breaks down. When you eat the gingerbread it’s gone. But when you put an offer on a landing page, and promote the landing page, the offer keeps on generating new leads! Try posting it again on Twitter in 3 days, or on Facebook in a month. Send another email about your offer in a couple months. People will come from these various sources over time if you keep promoting it.
How to have all the leads you can use
Want to grow your results? Create another offer, another landing page, and go through this process again. And again, And again. According to Hubspot, companies with 30 or more landing pages generate 7x more leads than those with fewer than 10. None of us can create 30 landing pages overnight, nor can we bake 30 batches of gingerbread in a day. But it simply makes sense to take this simple recipe and commit to using it once a month to attract more people to your website, convert them into leads, and then convert them into new clients. Larry Levenson is co-founder and Chief Inbound Officer of Sigma Web Marketing, an agency that works with senior living communities to generate leads from their websites. Larry can be reached at [email protected] or www.SigmaWeb Marketing.com. ++++++++++++++ Don’t miss a single issue of Senior Housing Forum, subscribe today. It is free! We do not sell or share your contact information. The posts are practical and never too long. Go to the main page of Senior Housing Forum and on the top you will see a link to our subscription sign-up page. You will receive notification when a new article is posted. You can unsubscribe at any time. Finally: If you know anyone who is looking at emergency call systems I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with them about Vigil Health Solutions.