By Steve Moran
Am I a bad leader because I …
(some serious and some just for fun)
- Sometimes struggle to make tough decisions?
- Keep a picture of myself as my desktop background?
- Don’t always have all the answers?
- Once tried to motivate my team with a PowerPoint presentation filled with cat memes?
- Sometimes let my emotions get the best of me?
- Am constantly eating all the snacks in the break room?
- Sometimes lack confidence in myself as a leader?
- Once “accidentally” locked my team in the conference room during a meeting?
- One time made the executive decision to paint the office neon green?
- Have been known to use too many buzzwords in meetings?
- Occasionally forget everyone’s names?
- Once showed up to a meeting in a chicken suit?
- Have no idea what I’m doing most of the time?
- Haven’t gotten around to reading Leadership for Dummies yet?
- Think “team building” means getting everyone to hate me equally?
- Believe “constructive feedback” is just a fancy way of saying “complaining”?
- Think “vision” is just another word for “vague and unrealistic goals”?
- Believe that “accountability” is just a way to blame someone else for my mistakes?
- Consider “delegation” to be the art of giving someone else a job I don’t want to do?